SEPANG INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT SDN BHD (“SIC”)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
SEPANG INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT SDN BHD (“SIC”)
Use of any ticket, credential and/or other document and/or general or specific authorization granted by SIC allowing entry to all events in Sepang International Circuit (the “Circuit”) is subject to the following conditions; known as the Conditions of Entry. These Conditions of Entry are applicable for all events taking place in and within the Circuit including but not limited to the 2016 FORMULA 1 MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX, Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix 2016, Motul FIM Superbike World Championship 2016, Sepang 1000KM Endurance Race and Sepang 12 Hours (“Event”/”Events”).
PATRONS ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT MOTOR RACING ACTIVITIES AND CERTAIN ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED THEREWITH (NOT LIMITED TO SUPPORT EVENTS) ARE DANGEROUS AND ARE SUBJECT TO INHERENT RISKS OF ACCIDENTS. “PATRONS” REFERS TO BOTH TICKET HOLDERS AND NON-TICKET HOLDERS WHO ARE PRESENT AT THE CIRCUIT DURING THE EVENTS OR OTHERWISE IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE CONDITIONS.
PATRONS UNDERSTAND, ACKNOWLEDGE AND VOLUNTARILY ACCEPT ALL SUCH RISKS/DANGERS AND TO THE EXTEND PERMITTED BY LAW HEREBY EXCLUDE, RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE SIC, FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE l’AUTOMOBILE, FEDERATION INTERNATIONALE DE MOTOCYCLISME, THE AUTOMOBILE ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA, FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP LIMITED (“FOWC”), FORMULA ONE MANAGEMENT LIMITED, FORMULA ONE ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED, FORMULA ONE LICENSING B.V., FORMULA ONE MARKETING LIMITED , FORMULA ONE HOSPITALITY AND EVENT SERVICES LIMITED, PANTAI MORIB VENTURES SDN BHD, DORNA SPORTS S.L. (“DORNA”), DORNA WSBK ORGANIZATION S.R.L. (“DWO”), GT ASSOCIATION CO. LTD. (“GTA”), MALAYSIA AIRPORTS HOLDINGS BERHAD, ANY PARTICIPATING TEAMS AND DRIVERS, EVENT SPONSORS, EVENT ORGANIZERS AND ALL OTHERS INVOLVED IN THE ORGANIZATION, CONDUCT AND PROMOTION OF THE EVENTS, TOGETHER WITH ITS DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVANTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND CONTRACTORS THEREOF (“the Associated Bodies”) FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR CLAIMS, LOSS, DAMAGE, COSTS OR EXPENSES ARISING FROM AND CONNECTED WITH THE EVENTS AND/OR ADMISSION TO THE CIRCUIT.
1.0 Patrons duly acknowledge that their entrance and presence at the Event(s) and at the Circuit are subject to these Conditions of Sale, Conditions of Entry, Ticket Terms and Conditions and any other additional regulations/information which could be obtained from www.sepangcircuit.com and those duly displayed around the Circuit. SIC reserves all right to change the Terms and Conditions of Sale, Terms and Conditions of Entry, Ticket Terms and Conditions and any other additional regulations/information without prior notice to the Patrons and to refuse entry or remove any Patron from the Event(s) for any reason whatsoever.
2.0 SIC, or any person deemed to be or appointed as an authorized person pursuant to the conditions may, with reasonable cause, refuse admission of or remove any Patron in violation of the Conditions of Sale, Conditions of Entry and Ticket Terms and Conditions without any refund or compensation.
3.0 Tickets are non transferable on the day or during the day of Event. No Patron, except the holder of the ticket allowing entry to a reserved area or occupation of a reserved seat, shall enter or remain in a reserved area or occupy a reserved seat.
4.0 Every ticket corresponds to certain grandstand and/or seat. Patrons with a valid entrance to the Event(s) are to be seated as instructed on the ticket. Patrons are not allowed to change seats without prior approval by SIC and/or its’ authorized persons.
5.0 Patrons must keep tickets safe and in good condition as a duplicate ticket will not be issued if it is lost or stolen and a defaced or illegible ticket may become invalid. All tickets are security printed and should only be purchased direct from SIC or through authorized point-of-sales. Any attempt to present any other ticket may lead to refusal of admission and possible prosecution. Unauthorized vendors will be prosecuted. Authorized vendors selling unauthorized goods will also be prosecuted.
6.0 The ticket is purchased for the Event. The date of the Event and/or the support programme may be subject to change/halt/postponement without refund of monies or exchange in respect of tickets. In such event, SIC shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the Event (or any part thereof) being changed/halted/postponed. No tickets are transferable to other Events. Tickets to the Event are strictly non-transferable and not for resale. No ticket for the Event shall be sold or offered for sale for any form of fee or reward without the prior written consent of SIC and FOWC first being obtained and without complying with these terms and conditions in all respects. No ticket for the Event shall be used by any person for advertising, promotional or commercial purposes including without limitation, prizes, competitions, contests or sweepstakes or packaged with hospitality or other products without the prior written consent of 1) SIC and FOWC or 2) FOWC by itself first being obtained. SIC reserves the absolute right to refuse admission to (or eject from) the Circuit any person (a) not complying with these terms and conditions or (b) who is in possession of a ticket which has been sold or used other than in compliance with these terms and conditions. If Ticket Holder is not aged 18 years of age or above, their parents and/or guardians are responsible for their actions, conduct and also compliance with these terms and conditions.
7.0 SIC retains the right at its sole and absolute discretion to refuse entry to any Patron, whether having received the ticket from the original purchaser or another party, arising out of any dispute regarding purchase, payment, queries by credit card issuing banks, stop payment orders by credit card issuing banks, cancellations or a dispute by credit card holders (if paid by credit card), or for torn, defaced or tampered tickets, or for tickets deemed fake fraudulent or forged or for any other reason regarding the validity of the ticket or payment thereof.
- 7.1 Under such circumstances SIC shall have the right without reference to the purchaser or Patron to confiscate the ticket being presented.
- 7.2 Entry will only be considered upon the purchase of new tickets.
- 7.3 Ticket purchaser or Patron hereby expressly agrees that SIC has no liability to purchaser or Patron in the event of non-entry either in contract or in tort or any other reasons whatsoever for any loss, damage or cost arising from any transport, travel, hardship, embarrassment, loss of time or loss of opportunity or any direct indirect or consequential loss arising from the said non-entry.
8.0 Patrons shall ensure that accompanied children are well taken care during the Event(s). SIC shall not be responsible for the safety of their Patron’s children during their presence in the Circuit and/or other areas surrounding the Circuit premises.
9.0 Patrons are not allowed to bring any of the following items into the Event(s):-
- 9.1 Any outside foods/drinks and any alcoholic beverages;
- 9.2 Any glass (excluding sunglasses, binoculars and prescription glasses);
- 9.3 Any beverage container where the manufacturers seal has been broken unless purchased at the Event(s);
- 9.4 Any ice box (other than one predominantly constructed of polystyrene);
- 9.5 Any structure or item that may be used to erect a structure, or which is capable of supporting the weight of a person including, but not limited to any chair, lounge, bench or stool;
- 9.6 Anything which may be used as weapon or otherwise used in a way which endangers the safety of other Patrons or other parties, damages the property or adversely affects enjoyment of other Patrons including distracting the drivers, disrupt or interrupt any Event(s), race or any other activity, whether intentionally or otherwise;
- 9.7 Any pets;
- 9.8 Any flags or banner larger than 1 meter or with handles greater than 1 meter long;
- 9.9 Any electronic device, which may interfere with, any communication or broadcasting signals and equipment used by the Associated Bodies in connection with the Event;
- 9.10 Any vehicles;
- 9.11 Any illegal drugs except for prescribed medicines.
10.0 SIC reserves the right to confiscate items brought in illegally by Patrons (if any) and to remove the Patrons failing to comply with the conditions hereof or any other conditions imposed by SIC during the Event(s).
11.0 SIC or its personnel reserve the right to inspect any bag, basket or other receptacle or conduct a physical search on Patrons.
12.0 Patrons must not:
- 12.1 Pick, injure or uproot any tree, shrub, flower or other plants. Climb or attempt to climb any tree or structure;
- 12.2 Post, stick or place any poster, placard, bill, banner, advertisement or printed paper on any building, structure, fence, tree or cordon;
- 12.3 Distribute, display, promote or advertise samples of goods or services or anything related thereof;
- 12.4 Distribute, hawk, sell or offer any goods or services including promoting or advertising samples of goods or services and anything related thereto;
- 12.5 Deface, damage, misuse any building, structure, or seat or vehicles;
- 12.6 Block any thoroughfare, bridge, passage, entry or exit;
- 12.7 Litter, except in the dustbin;
- 12.8 Behave in any manner that may disrupt or interrupt any race, event or activity, distract a driver of a racing car, or interfere with the comfort of other Patrons or their enjoyment of the Event;
- 12.9 Use indecent or obscene language or threatening or insulting words or otherwise behave in a threatening, abusive, riotous, indecent or insulting manner;
- 12.10 Urinate or defecate otherwise in building or structure specifically provided for that purpose;
- 12.11 Interfere, obstruct or hinder the Associated Bodies to perform their duties;
- 12.12 Conduct public surveys or opinion polls, solicit money, donations or subscriptions from other Patrons;
- 12.13 Smoke in a non-smoking area;
12.14 In respect of the 2016 FORMULA 1 MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX, use the name of such Event of part thereof (nor any abbreviation or foreign language version thereof) nor any logo or graphic device of or relating to such Event for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of FOWC first being obtained exercisable in FOWC’s discretion.
12.15 Make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio visual footage (“Recording”), or store, record or transmit any information or other data, including official timing, results, performance, telemetry, weather or race control data (“Data”) of, at or in relation to the Event. It is forbidden to take into the Circuit any equipment that may enable a person to do the aforementioned acts. Personal electronic devices (including still image cameras, mobile telephones and other personal communications devices) are permitted within the Circuit unless otherwise advised, provided that any Recording, Data and any image, including photographic images and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording (“Image”) of the Event that is recorded, stored and/or created thereon is used for personal, private and non-commercial purposes only.
12.16 In relation to the 2016 FORMULA 1 MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX, Moto GP and all other Events organized by SIC at the Circuit, as a condition of entry to the Circuit, Patrons agree that (a) the use of any such Recording, Data or Image for any form of public advertisement, display, commercial gain or for any other purpose (except for the Patron’s private enjoyment) without the prior written consent of FOWC, DORNA, DWO and/or SIC (as applicable) is strictly forbidden and will constitute a breach of these terms and conditions for which the Patron may be liable; and (b) on request by FOWC, DORNA, DWO and/or SIC (as applicable) the Patron shall assign (i) to FOWC in relation to the 2016 FORMULA 1 MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX; and (ii) to DORNA or DWO or SIC (as applicable), in writing the copyright and all other intellectual property in any Image or Recording that is created, made, stored or recorded of, at or in relation to the Event(s); and (c) you consent to the use by FOWC (and by any third party authorized by FOWC from time to time) for the purposes of or in connection with any publication, exhibition or broadcast (including any advertising or promotional literature, campaign or material) in any media worldwide and approved by FOWC of any still or moving picture images taken at the 2016 FORMULA 1 MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX where such image includes any image of you and you waive any and all of your personality and privacy rights to the extent necessary to permit such use.
13.0 No unauthorized merchandising or trading is permitted within the Circuit.
14.0 While at the Circuit, Patrons must maintain safe, prudent and respectful behaviour and comply with all directions given by SIC or any of its authorized personnel.
15.0 During the Event(s) the noise level may be very loud within the Circuit. Patrons are advised to wear hearing protection during races and live concerts (if any) to reduce the risk of hearing damage. The vehicles used in the races can generate up noise of up to 130 decibels (db). Exposure to any noise greater than 120 db can cause permanent hearing damage. Each Patron agrees to take the appropriate ear protection, including without limitation, wearing ear plugs and ear muffs, especially for children less than 18 years of age. All children must be protected against such hearing damage, or permanent hearing damage may result. Their protection is the responsibility of the accompanying adult, parent or guardian. SIC shall not be made liable or responsible for any damage or injury whatsoever resulting from the noise levels before, during or after the Event(s) at the Circuit.
16.0 For your security whilst at the Circuit, SIC uses CCTV cameras. You consent to any footage that may be taken of you for general security measures. You consent that SIC may use or pass to the police any recordings from CCTV footage for use in any proceedings.
17.0 SIC reserves the right to grant or withdraw its consent at any point of time without stating reasons. As such Patrons are required to obey the new instructions of SIC.
18.0 SIC shall not be responsible for any loss of valuables/equipment including but not limited to jewelry, camera and other valuables.
19.0 The Patrons hereby recognize that it is impractical to make provision for every contingency that may arise. As such SIC reserve all rights to make such provision and/ solution as it deems fit.
20.0 Patrons acknowledge and agree that if any part of these Conditions of Entry contravenes with the law of relevant jurisdiction, it will not be enforceable. However such condition (or part or parts thereof) are severable and do not invalidate the remaining conditions.
21.0 No person may use the name 2016 FORMULA 1 MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX or part thereof (nor any abbreviation or foreign language version thereof) nor any logo or graphic device of or relating to such Event for any commercial purpose whatsoever without the prior written consent of (FOWC) first being obtained exercisable in FOWC’s discretion.
22.0 These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia.