Dear Valued Customer,
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 was introduced by the Government of Malaysia to regulate the processing of Personal Data in commercial transactions. The Act, which applies to all companies and firms that are established in Malaysia, requires us to inform you of your rights in respect of your Personal Data that is being processed or to be collected and further processed by us and the purposes for the data processing. The Act also requires each of our customers to declare and consent to our company on the utilization of the customer’s Personal Data to conduct, hold, process and release/disclose for all of our activities.
Hence, kindly be informed that the Personal Data and other information (collectively, “Personal Data
”) provided in your application to register for the subscription to SIC services, including any additional information you may subsequently provide, may be used and processed by SEPANG INTERNATIONAL CIRCUIT SDN BHD (“SIC
”) for the following purposes:-
- assessing your application to register for the use of SIC’s facilities and services
- assessing your application for subscription
- to communicate with you;
- to provide services to you;
- to process your payment transactions;
- respond to your inquiries;
- administer your participation in contests;
- conduct internal activities;
- market surveys and trend analysis;
- to provide you with information on products and services of SIC and our related corporations;
- to provide you with information on products and services of our business partners;
- other legitimate business activities of SIC;
- if relevant, such other purposes as set out in the General Terms and Conditions.
Further, please be informed that if required for any of the foregoing Purposes, your Personal Data may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia or disclosed to our related corporations, licensees, business partners and/or service providers, who may be located within or outside Malaysia. Save for the foregoing, your Personal Data will not be knowingly transferred to any place outside Malaysia or be knowingly disclosed to any third party.
In order to process your Personal Data, your consent is required. If you do not consent to the processing of your Personal Data other than in relation to the advertising or marketing of any product or service of SIC or our business partners, we cannot process your Personal Data for any of the above Purposes and we will not be able to approve your application for registration for use of SIC’s facilities and services.
In relation to direct marketing, you may request SIC by written notice (in accordance with the following paragraph) not to process your Personal Data for any of the following Purposes:-
- advertising or marketing via phone any product or service of SIC or our business partners,
- sending to you via post any advertising or marketing material relating to any product or service of SIC or our business partners;
- sending to you via email or SMS any advertising or marketing material relating to any product or service of SIC or our business partners, or (iv) communicating to you by whatever means any advertising or marketing material of SIC or our business partners.
You may at any time hereafter make inquiries, complaints and request for access to, or correction of, your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data by submitting such request to the Customer Service Officer of SIC via registered post or email as set out below.
Customer Service Department
Sepang International Circuit Sdn Bhd
Jalan Pekeliling, 64000
Selangor Darul Ehsan
If we do not receive any response from you on the above within Fourteen (14) days of the date of this notice, we shall assume that you are agreeable to the same. Thank you.